Explore resources for employers and their employees to navigate coronavirus-related business closures. Visit the Financial Support page for information on available funding opportunities and Health + Public Services for additional resources.
EnviroStars for your Greening Business
Washington’s Green Business resource, EnviroStars, is a one-stop shop for businesses to access environmental assistance and gain recognition for being green. Not only can you save money through rebates and resources, but you can take steps to save the planet!
For more information or to apply, visit https://envirostars.org/
We’re here to help at email@example.com
City of Tacoma Permitting Support
As the City of Tacoma is continuing its phased reopening of City buildings, Planning and Development Services is now open for in-person walk-in customers and appointments Monday through Thursday between 9 AM and 1 PM. Services available during these hours include dropping off permit documents; making payments by check, cash, or credit card in-person; or discussing general development questions at the Tacoma Municipal Building (747 Market Street, 3rd Floor, Tacoma, WA 98402).
• Walk-in services such as over-the-counter reviews will not be offered during this reopening phase and customers are urged to schedule a virtual counter meeting for this service. To schedule a virtual counter meeting, CLICK HERE. • To schedule an appointment CLICK HERE or call 253.591.5030. If you need to meet with review staff virtually and are unable to do so from your place of residence or business, you can schedule an appointment with our permit specialist and we will help you connect with the desired staff member using our support kiosk. • You can visit us 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week to apply for permits, check permit status, schedule inspections and pay for permits at tacomapermits.org or aca-prod.accela.com/tacoma.
Virtual Counter MeetingsHERE.We continue to offer virtual counter meetings to meet with review staff regarding residential development, commercial building permits, land use, and application services. Scheduling of appointments and availability can be found
Planning and Development Services offers easy management of inspections through text.
Schedule, reschedule, cancel and obtain results for your inspections 24/7 through our new automated text option.
To get started on managing inspections, follow these easy steps:
1. You will need your permit number. This can be found in your online Tacoma Permits account or on documentation when your permit is issued.
2. From your smartphone, simply start a text to 844-475-1480 with one of the following commands:
“SCHEDULE” to schedule an inspection“CANCEL” to cancel an inspection “RESCHEDULE” to reschedule an inspection “RESULTS” to obtain inspection results
3. Continue following the interactive prompts for entering your permit number, inspection code, and other details until you reach the confirmation process. After you submit your confirmation, you will receive back a message confirming your inspection type, permit number, and date of inspection. Additional information will be provided to prepare you for the upcoming inspection.
Please remember you must schedule your inspection by 3pm to receive next business day service.
For customers who schedule inspections often with Planning and Development Services, there are express commands you can use. Find more information here.
See our website for full details and instructions on this new service along with additional ways to manage inspections through phone and online.
A cross-sector team working to make Washington the best place to do business. The team includes 27 agencies participating in subgroups that focus on outreach programs, soliciting ideas for regulatory improvement, and developing new business tools. Download the liaison contact list.
Washington State Department of Commerce Economic Resiliency Team (ERT) Business Response Center.
Business owners and operators may obtain answers to general business inquiries regarding financial assistance, return to work or other business questions related to recovery efforts. ASK YOUR QUESTION HERE.
One in four Washingtonians get health and dental coverage through the Washington Healthplanfinder at wahealthplanfinder.org or the mobile app WAPlanfinder. Individuals can receive free help applying from an expert in their community at wahealthplanfinder.org/find-expert-advice.html.
ESD needs employer assistance regarding unemployment insurance fraud
- Paid sick leave
- Workers’ compensation
- Workplace safety and health
- Stay informed
Veterans Small Business Certification Program
SBA is now accepting applications for the Veteran Small Business Certification program. Through this new program, certified veteran-owned small businesses and service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses can compete for set-aside government contracts. The program will be SBA‘s primary certification vehicle for all veteran-owned small businesses and service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses, important classifications that enable those businesses to qualify for sole-source and set-aside federal contracting awards.
SBA Provides Small Business Cybersecurity Guidance
Cyber incidents have surged among small businesses that often do not have the resources to stay safe online. Protect your small business by securing networks, using antivirus software and backing up sensitive data. Get more tips and learn about cybersecurity threats and how to protect your small business.
SBA Small Business Lender Matching
Looking for capital for your small business? Lender Match connects small businesses with SBA-approved lenders, community development organizations, and micro-lending institutions.