Events and Training
Access event calendars, courses, and resources to help in your business endeavors!
Washington Support to BIPOC and Native Non-profits
The Washington State Department of Commerce is partnering with Philanthropy Northwest to provide $2 million of relief funding from the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act with a focus on community-based nonprofits and Tribal organizations most impacted by COVID-19.
How to apply
Grant applications from eligible 501c3 organizations are due by Nov. 6, 2020. Find all information and application materials here.
Free technical assistance is being provided by 20 culturally specific partner organizations to help with the application process, including access to help in different languages.
Two online information sessions will be held in English via Zoom this week:
- Tuesday, Oct. 27, 10 – 11 a.m. PDT
- Thursday, Oct. 29, 7 – 8 p.m. PDT
The Zoom conference line is https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89880601482
Zoom meeting ID: 898 8060 1482
Via phone: 1-253-215-8782
Microsoft, LinkedIn and GitHub Skills Training
Microsoft, LinkedIn and GitHub have partnered and committed $25 million to offering free skills training for the top 10 jobs in the technology sector. Take advantage of the economic pivot to the digital economy! From now through March, 2021 access free resources to achieve certification in some of Microsoft’s most marketable skills, coaching and support to build a resume, get connected to valuable networks and interview practice. These trainings are aimed at high-paying growth positions that do not require a 4-year degree. If you have been impacted by Covid19 through a layoff or other circumstances, you may be eligible for discounted Microsoft certification for a limited time.
Find out more at aka.ms/MyLearningPath
Free Business Plan Classes November 19 or 22
Urban Business Support-Tacoma is offering a free class that will help you prepare a business plan.
Sound Transit Contracting Expo: Partnering for the Future
|A Sound Transit Virtual Conference for the Architectural
& Engineering and Construction Industry
ScaleUp Training Series
ScaleUp Training Series: The Accelerated COVID-19 Edition – Oct 8-Nov 12, 2020, 8:30AM-11:30AM
Are you a minority, veteran, woman owned, or rural business interested in optimizing operational strategies that will create resiliency and sustainability for your business in the face of a global pandemic? Join us for this accelerated online training series Oct 8 – Nov 12.
Contracting with the City of Tacoma
City contracting practices
Product & Services that the City buys
The City of Tacoma Equity in Contracting Code
Small business technical assistance/resources
How to complete WA OMWBE certification
Last Monday of every month at 9:00 a.m. One hour with an optional 30 minute certification session. Use the link below to attend.
24th Annual Washington Biz Fair
Join hundreds of experts and thousands of small business owners and managers virtually for networking, learning from business experts, learn about government contracting and more.
Tuesday, November 10, 2020 from 7 a.m. – 5. p.m.
NO COST TO ATTEND!
For more information go to www.bizfair.org
Questions? Email email@example.com
If you would like to register to attend the 24th Annual
Washington State Small Business Fair, use this link. Register Here
Broadway Farmers' Market OPEN!
The Broadway Farmers Market is open during the COVID-19 crisis with health and safety modifications to allow our community to shop safely and shop local. The market runs from May through August from 10am-3pm and from September through October from 10am-2pm and is located between 9th and 11th on Broadway Ave in downtown Tacoma.
Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber COVID-19 Conference Calls/Webinars
COVID-19 BUSINESS INFO SERIES
Join the Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber for in-depth panel discussions of issues for our businesses that have arisen due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
SBA's Money Smart for Small Businesses
Money Smart for Small Business (MSSB) provides an introduction to topics related to starting and managing a business. MSSB was developed jointly by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) and the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). The materials are available for immediate download at Money Smart – Teach – For Small Business.
Organizational Event Calendars
For your convenience, we have compiled a list of agencies offering small business training and development opportunities. Please explore the sites below to see upcoming events:
- William Factory Small Business Incubator Calendar
- Washington State L&I Workshops and Training Center
- Minority Business Development Agency Event Calendar
- Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber Of Commerce Event Calendar
- The World Trade Center Tacoma Event Page
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Event Page
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Loan Briefing Workshops
- Events at Bottom of Page
- The Washington State Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) Event Calendar
- Washington Center For Women In Business Event Calendar
- Invista Performance Solutions Courses
- Veterans Business Outreach Center Region X (Business Impact NW) Courses
- Economic Alliance Snohomish County
Please explore below to see what resources are offered by the following organizations:
- Washington State Business Hub
- Pierce County Libraries (Job And Business Center) Resources
- Access with Pierce County Library Card
- Tacoma Library Business Resources
- Access with Tacoma Library Card
- City Of Tacoma Office Of Small Business Enterprise (SBE)
- Contact: Carrie Lynn Phone: 253.591.5224 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- City Of Tacoma Business Marketing Data Services
- Contact: Carol Wolfe Phone: 253.591.5384 Email: email@example.com
Learn more about the Tacoma's business resources: