Events and Training
Access event calendars, courses, and resources to help in your business endeavors!
How to Do Business with the City of Tacoma
What: How to Do Business With the City of Tacoma
A Zoom Workshop Hosted by the City of Tacoma’s Community and Economic Development Department
- Purchasing and Contracting processes
- Applying for certification with the Washington State Office of Minority & Women’s Business Enterprise (OMWBE)
- Insurance/Bonding Requirements
- Optional Q&A
When: Wednesday, June 1, 2022
Time: 11am – 12:30pm
Registration required, register here: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwkd-CprzIuGtSf32y0wUbY_BP9y7RYyHrP
Hello Alice Small Business Grants
Tacoma Maritime Innovation Incubator
Applications are now open for entrepreneurs interested in support for commercializing solutions in the maritime, marine, clean energy and logistic and trade sectors. Housed at the Center for Urban Waters on the Thea Foss Waterway, TMII provides 12 months of robust programming for startups in these sectors.
Questions? Contact Karina at Karina@maritimeblue.org
Bid opportunity - Industrial Symbiosis
The Industrial Symbiosis Request for Proposals has been released.
The Washington State Department of Commerce is initiating this Request for Proposals (RFP) to advance industrial symbiosis efforts across Washington with intent to award multiple contract(s). Successful bidders will advance an industrial symbiosis project through expansion of existing efforts, implementation of a new project or research and development into new areas and technologies that will repurpose industrial waste for beneficial use. To be considered, letters of intent are due by May 27th. The proposal deadline is June 17th, 2022.
All questions about this RFP should be directed to the RFP Coordinator at OEDCProcurement@commerce.wa.gov.
Walk the Brewery District June 1
Tacoma, WASH – Learn about the architectural history of several iconic buildings in downtown’s brewery district on the next in-person tour of the 2022 Walk Tacoma series. The 1.1 mile walk, led by Susan Johnson, the City of Tacoma’s Historic Preservation Coordinator, will begin at the bottom of the UW-Tacoma stairs on June 1 at 6pm. The tour will highlight the evolution of brewery spaces in downtown, including historic companies and new additions to the district. Stick around at 7 Seas – the last tour stop – for a post-walk social. After the in-person walk, the tour will be available on the free GeoTourist app.
The Walk Tacoma series, sponsored by MultiCare, is a five-event walking series. The fun, themed walks, now in their thirteenth year, encourage people to enjoy Tacoma on foot by introducing new walking routes and sharing information about the community and its history through the guided tours.
For more information on the full Walk Tacoma Series visit www.downtownonthego.org or find us on
Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Construction Business Training
Associated Builders and Contractors of Western Washington (ABC) and WA MBDA are hosting a 10-week virtual workshop to provide capacity-building knowledge, and instruction in the skills it takes to run a successful construction firm. Registration is ongoing for those who would like to attend course sessions. Please use the registration link below to register via ABC’s website. Once your registration is confirmed via email, you will be sent a registration form to fill out your company’s information.
The workshop takes place every Thursday (2:30pm ~ 4:30pm) weekly from 3/31/2022 ~ 6/2/2022 for 10 weeks
Classes are conducted virtually via zoom
For questions please contact Jessica Cheng – firstname.lastname@example.org, 206-681-8806
Pierce County Business Accelerator
Business Impact Northwest Celebrating Dreams
Event Page/ Página del evento: businessimpactnw.org/dreams
Event Tickets Page/ Página para entradas: businessimpactnw.org/tickets
Event Showcase/ Exhibición del evento:
Thursday, May 26th, 2022
In-Person 6:00 – 8:00 PM
Virtual 6:00 – 7:00 PM
Jueves 26 de mayo de 2022
Presencial 6:00 a 8:00 p. m.
Virtual 6:00 a 7:00 p. m.
Fiscal Finesse My Business Pricing
May 2022 Fiscal Finesse Events
May 3, 10, 17, 24, 31, of 2022, (All on Tuesdays of each week) 5:00PM -6:30PM “Finesse My Business Pricing” Series Registration
The Washington Center for Women in Business (WCWB) created the annual INSPIRE Women’s Business Conference for women-identifying business owners and leaders in our community to make connections, build their network, and gain insights and ideas to help their businesses grow. Register Here (FREE) to the first 100 registrants
When: May 12, 202211:00AM-3:00PM Where: Virtual
Thurston EDC ScaleUp
May 18-July 18, 2022
University of Washington Supplier Orientation [UW]Monthly – see dates below, 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM PST The orientations will provide a learning opportunity to assist in navigating potential business prospects at the University and with other state agencies, as well as educational and other resources to assist businesses. Orientation sessions are virtual and will include representatives from the University and other regional business development agencies.
- May 5, 2022: Registration Link
- June 2, 2022: Registration Link
- July 14, 2022: Registration Link
- August 14, 2022: Registration Link
- September – no session
- October 6, 2022: Registration Link
- November 3, 2022: Registration Link
- December 1, 2022: Registration Link
Grow with a Pro [Business Impact NW]Tuesdays, 9:00 AM – 9:45 AM PT Whether you are in the idea phase or a growth phase in your business, we invite you to attend our weekly Grow with a Pro coffee chats. You will hear from Business Professionals from Umpqua Bank, Tax-u-Sign, and an Attorney from the Rational Unicorn. Every Tuesday from 9 to 9:45 am Pacific Time, you will get to hear from one of these professionals as they chat about their area of expertise as it relates to current times and we will have an opportunity for a few of your non-confidential questions to get some answers. We’ll even be offering you opportunities to connect with other business owners through these morning coffee chats.
- First Tuesday of Every Month: Neura Conejo – Banking Professional – Umpqua Bank
- Second Tuesday of Every Month: Lily Tran – Tax Professional – Tax-u-Sign
- Third Tuesday of Every Month: Andrew Peoples – Insurance Professional – Parker, Smith & Feek
- Fourth Tuesday of Every Month: Michael Jonas – Legal Professional – Rational Unicorn Legal Services PC
Doing Business with the City of Seattle – OnlineFirst Fridays of each month, 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM PT Join City of Seattle for “First Fridays” online to meet Purchasing and Contracting staff who are part of purchasing, consultant contracting and construction/public works teams. Three sessions are offered at at once so choose the one you’re interested in! Separate online workshops are available same day in Spanish, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM. Primer Viernes del mes
PTAC & SBDC First Friday Follow-UpEvery first Friday of each month EASC/PTAC Friday Follow-up is an open forum, round table for businesses to get answers from your local PTAC counselor. Bring your questions regarding government contracting and learn from knowledgeable Small Business Experts. Janet Toth with the Small Business Development Center will be with us to share her knowledge about growing your business.
Organizational Event Calendars
For your convenience, we have compiled a list of agencies offering small business training and development opportunities. Please explore the sites below to see upcoming events:
- William Factory Small Business Incubator Calendar
- Washington State L&I Workshops and Training Center
- Minority Business Development Agency Event Calendar
- Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber Of Commerce Event Calendar
- The World Trade Center Tacoma Event Page
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Event Page
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Loan Briefing Workshops
- Events at Bottom of Page
- The Washington State Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) Event Calendar
- Washington Center For Women In Business Event Calendar
- Invista Performance Solutions Courses
- Veterans Business Outreach Center Region X (Business Impact NW) Courses
- Economic Alliance Snohomish County
Please explore below to see what resources are offered by the following organizations:
- Washington State Business Hub
- Pierce County Libraries (Job And Business Center) Resources
- Access with Pierce County Library Card
- Tacoma Library Business Resources
- Access with Tacoma Library Card
- City Of Tacoma Office Of Small Business Enterprise (SBE)
- Contact: Carrie Lynn Phone: 253.591.5224 Email: email@example.com
- City Of Tacoma Business Marketing Data Services
- Contact: Carol Wolfe Phone: 253.591.5384 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about the Tacoma's business resources: