Events and Training
Access event calendars, courses, and resources to help in your business endeavors!
SpaceWorks cohort announcement
Spaceworks invites entrepreneurs with a creative/innovative business or business idea that benefits Tacoma’s community and who are seeking to grow a thriving business to apply to participate in our Incubator program. Spaceworks’ Incubator provides relevant and meaningful business training and peer-to-peer support to systematically grow Tacoma’s creative economy and generate destination quality activities that will engage and transform our community
Direct link to the application. Applications are due by July 31st.
More information can be found on our website at: www.spaceworkstacoma.com
Aerospace Resources Webinar
LIVE WEBINAR – July 28, 2020 11:00 a.m. PDT
You will learn from experts within economic development, workforce development, and trade on the latest tools and support available for aerospace businesses in Pierce County, WA.
The webinar will highlight new and existing programs for businesses seeking to identify opportunities to impact their top-line revenue and grow. A variety of resources will be shared including the business retention and expansion program (BRE), grant dollars funded by the Economic Development Administration to help traded sector firms better compete with imports, and workforce solutions strategies.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Aerospace businesses
- Aerospace support champions
ABOUT THE PRESENTERS
- Maddie Merton, VP, Business Retention and Expansion, Economic Development Board for Tacoma-Pierce County (EDB)
- Ken Wenninger, Director of Client Development, Northwest Trade Adjustment Assistance Center
- Teresa Delicino, Director of Business Solutions, WorkForce Central
RSVP to Maddie@edbtacomapierce.org to receive a webinar link.
Limited to first 100 attendees.
Broadway Farmers' Market OPEN!
The Broadway Farmers Market is open during the COVID-19 crisis with health and safety modifications to allow our community to shop safely and shop local. The market runs from May through August from 10am-3pm and from September through October from 10am-2pm and is located between 9th and 11th on Broadway Ave in downtown Tacoma.
Washington Small Business Survival Workshops in Espanol
This webinar series in Spanish reviews information specific to Washington small businesses. A panel of state and federal partners is present to respond to live Q&A regarding unemployment insurance, returning employees to the workplace, relief funding, workplace safety measures and other topics important to employers. Spanish webinars will be held on July 28 at 5:30 p.m. and July 30 at 8:30 a.m.
Register now: www.empleadoresdewashington.eventbrite.com
Únese con nosotros para el seminario web Impacto de COVID-19 donde se habla de las respuestas de las agencias estatales y dónde obtener recursos de la recuperación para pequeñas empresas. Dos sesiones disponibles en español en julio. Regístrese ahora: www.empleadoresdewashington.eventbrite.com
Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber COVID-19 Conference Calls/Webinars
COVID-19 BUSINESS INFO SERIES
Join the Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber for in-depth panel discussions of issues for our businesses that have arisen due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Federal Coronavirus Relief Bills: What Do They Mean for Nonprofits?
This 90-minute webinar shared the latest analysis and information for charitable nonprofits, recognizing that multiple federal agencies must write the rules and forms and establish processes for getting money into the hands of nonprofits and for-profits as quickly as possible.
SBA's Money Smart for Small Businesses
Money Smart for Small Business (MSSB) provides an introduction to topics related to starting and managing a business. MSSB was developed jointly by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) and the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). The materials are available for immediate download at Money Smart – Teach – For Small Business.
Free Google My Business Workshop
Grow your business through Google. A free workshop hosted by City of Tacoma + Google.
* This event has passed, but a recording is available. Click here to watch recorded training.
Organizational Event Calendars
For your convenience, we have compiled a list of agencies offering small business training and development opportunities. Please explore the sites below to see upcoming events:
- William Factory Small Business Incubator Calendar
- Washington State L&I Workshops and Training Center
- Minority Business Development Agency Event Calendar
- Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber Of Commerce Event Calendar
- The World Trade Center Tacoma Event Page
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Event Page
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Loan Briefing Workshops
- Events at Bottom of Page
- The Washington State Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) Event Calendar
- Washington Center For Women In Business Event Calendar
- Invista Performance Solutions Courses
- Veterans Business Outreach Center Region X (Business Impact NW) Courses
- Economic Alliance Snohomish County
Please explore below to see what resources are offered by the following organizations:
- Washington State Business Hub
- Pierce County Libraries (Job And Business Center) Resources
- Access with Pierce County Library Card
- Tacoma Library Business Resources
- Access with Tacoma Library Card
- City Of Tacoma Office Of Small Business Enterprise (SBE)
- Contact: Carrie Lynn Phone: 253.591.5224 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- City Of Tacoma Business Marketing Data Services
- Contact: Carol Wolfe Phone: 253.591.5384 Email: email@example.com
Learn more about the Tacoma's business resources: