Events and Training
Access event calendars, courses, and resources to help in your business endeavors!
Tacoma Business Empowerment Series
In celebration of the success and future of start-up businesses in Tacoma, the City of Tacoma’s Community & Economic Development Department and Minority Business Development Agency are hosting a Start-Up Business Empowerment Panel Discussion
Topic: City Of Tacoma: Start-Up Business Panel
Take The Tideflats Survey
We Want to Hear From You:
As an early step in the planning process, we want to hear your thoughts on the future you want to see in the Tideflats.
Please take our online survey today and tell us:
- How do you think the Tideflats should look and function over the next 20 years?
- What would you want to preserve, create, or change about the Tideflats?
If you missed one of our recent Educational Visioning Panels, the videos are now posted online at www.cityoftacoma.org/tideflats,
or open the attached flyer that includes links to the survey as well as the panel sessions.
What can you do to help support this process?
- Please share the survey with friends, family, co-workers, or any interested parties.
- Share the survey on social media.
Please reach out to me directly at email@example.com.
Shuttered Venue Operator Grant Webinars
Please see the Federal Resources under Covid 19 Financial support for more information about this grant
- April 27, 9:00 – 10:30 am, Preparing for the SVOG https://wsbdc.ecenterdirect.com/events/99271497
Bunker Labs Veteran In Residence
Restaurant Revitalization Grants webinars
April 21, 2:00 – 3:00 pm, Restaurant Revitalization Fund Infohttps://wsbdc.ecenterdirect.com/events/99271482
Free Online Business Training
ScaleUp: The Rebuild Edition adds three new session dates targeted to established small businesses looking to grow in wake of COVID
The online courses are once a week for eight weeks. Each interactive class is two hours long and can accommodate up to 100 small businesses. The ideal candidate for the program is the president/owner of a Washington state business that has been in operation for at least two years and has annual pre-COVID gross revenues in excess of $100,000.
A $1,599 value, ScaleUp: The Rebuild Edition is free to Washington state businesses, thanks in part to a grant from the U.S. Economic Development Administration.
The program is based on the Thurston Center for Business Innovation’s highly respected ScaleUp program, which uses the proven Kauffman Foundation’s Fast Trac® Growth Venture coursework as its foundation.
Interested businesses can choose from three different tracks in the ongoing series at http://MyStartup365.com/programs/scaleup:
Session #3 Wednesdays: Apr. 28 – June 23, 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.
Session #4 Thursdays: Apr. 29 – June 24, 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.
Session #5 Thursdays: Apr. 29 – June 24, 6 to 8 p.m.
There is no cost to qualifying businesses. For more information, contact James Davis, firstname.lastname@example.org, or (360) 464-6051.
UW Transformation Strategies Series
UW Digital Transformation Strategies Seminar Series
February 24, March 31, April 28, May 12
Business owners will learn how to target a business’s access to technology and how to leverage outcomes to meet the needs of their customer in these dynamic seminars. Join us as industry experts lead impactful sessions on Management of Telework, Supply Chain, and Remote Customer Service.
Cash Reigns Supreme Webinar
The Progress Process
THE PROGRESS PROCESS: A Path to Equity, Inclusion, and Anti-Racist Business [Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber]
Six-Part Series, February 25th – September 30th
Join us for a 6-session, interactive workshop in which we will explore organizational transformation with a lens on equity and anti-racism. The sessions are designed to engage participants who are looking for space to discuss equity literacy and organizational development. The facilitators are experienced equity practitioners and established leaders in the public and private sectors. Participants will gain knowledge and skills that will help them navigate a roadmap to practice and achieve levels of equity, inclusion and anti-racism in their businesses.
Contracting with the City of Tacoma
City contracting practices
Product & Services that the City buys
The City of Tacoma Equity in Contracting Code
Small business technical assistance/resources
How to complete WA OMWBE certification
Last Monday of every month starting in January, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. One hour with an optional 30 minute certification session. Use the link below to attend.
Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber COVID-19 Conference Calls/Webinars
COVID-19 BUSINESS INFO SERIES
Join the Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber for in-depth panel discussions of issues for our businesses that have arisen due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
SBA's Money Smart for Small Businesses
Money Smart for Small Business (MSSB) provides an introduction to topics related to starting and managing a business. MSSB was developed jointly by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) and the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). The materials are available for immediate download at Money Smart – Teach – For Small Business.
Organizational Event Calendars
For your convenience, we have compiled a list of agencies offering small business training and development opportunities. Please explore the sites below to see upcoming events:
- William Factory Small Business Incubator Calendar
- Washington State L&I Workshops and Training Center
- Minority Business Development Agency Event Calendar
- Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber Of Commerce Event Calendar
- The World Trade Center Tacoma Event Page
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Event Page
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Loan Briefing Workshops
- Events at Bottom of Page
- The Washington State Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) Event Calendar
- Washington Center For Women In Business Event Calendar
- Invista Performance Solutions Courses
- Veterans Business Outreach Center Region X (Business Impact NW) Courses
- Economic Alliance Snohomish County
Please explore below to see what resources are offered by the following organizations:
- Washington State Business Hub
- Pierce County Libraries (Job And Business Center) Resources
- Access with Pierce County Library Card
- Tacoma Library Business Resources
- Access with Tacoma Library Card
- City Of Tacoma Office Of Small Business Enterprise (SBE)
- Contact: Carrie Lynn Phone: 253.591.5224 Email: email@example.com
- City Of Tacoma Business Marketing Data Services
- Contact: Carol Wolfe Phone: 253.591.5384 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about the Tacoma's business resources: