Events and Training
Access event calendars, courses, and resources to help in your business endeavors!
SAVE THE DATE: Federal Stimulus Webinars
The Economic Development Board for Tacoma-Pierce County and partner agencies will be hosting webinars with latest information on applying for the enhanced benefits of the recently approved federal government business stimulus related to the pandemic. Save the date for January 14. You may attend at either 8:00 a.m. or 1:00 p.m.. More information to be posted.
Here is the registration link for the webinar:
Business Plan in a Day
Commercial Lease Support Webinar
In partnership with the MBDA-Tacoma Business Center, OnPoint Real Estate Services is planning an Instagram live webinar session on January 27th, 2021 at 10 AM PST to provide information on Commercial Lease Support as part of their CARES Act Small Business Resiliency Program.
If interested, please contact OnPoint via email at email@example.com or via phone at 206.623.1844 EXT. 3
SBDC 2021 Business Planning webinar
SBDC wants to help you develop your financial goals and projections for 2021. Will your business survive if the economy continues at this rate? Can you afford to give your employees/self a bonus or raise? Are you charging enough to break even?
You don’t need your accountant to answer these questions for you. SBDC’s webinar will help you with setting your business and yourself up for success in 2021. Register to join us LIVE and/or receive the REPLAY.
Please register to attend HERE >> Business Finance: Setting Financial Goals and Projections
We also have these webinars available
- Understanding Financial Statements with a CPA
- Business Contract Overview with an Attorney
- Business Contract Terminology with an Attorney
- Black-Owned Business Excellence Panel and Training
- Business Credit
- Business Structure with a CPA
- Lease Agreements with an Attorney
- [../conferences/99271324]Estate Planning with an Attorney
Microsoft, LinkedIn and GitHub Skills Training
Microsoft, LinkedIn and GitHub have partnered and committed $25 million to offering free skills training for the top 10 jobs in the technology sector. Take advantage of the economic pivot to the digital economy! From now through March, 2021 access free resources to achieve certification in some of Microsoft’s most marketable skills, coaching and support to build a resume, get connected to valuable networks and interview practice. These trainings are aimed at high-paying growth positions that do not require a 4-year degree. If you have been impacted by Covid19 through a layoff or other circumstances, you may be eligible for discounted Microsoft certification for a limited time.
Find out more at aka.ms/MyLearningPath
Contracting with the City of Tacoma
City contracting practices
Product & Services that the City buys
The City of Tacoma Equity in Contracting Code
Small business technical assistance/resources
How to complete WA OMWBE certification
Last Monday of every month starting in January, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. One hour with an optional 30 minute certification session. Use the link below to attend.
Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber COVID-19 Conference Calls/Webinars
COVID-19 BUSINESS INFO SERIES
Join the Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber for in-depth panel discussions of issues for our businesses that have arisen due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Business Idea and Pitch Competition
William Factory Incubator
April 21, 2021 – 3-5 p.m. om Zoom
Applications due January 31, 2021
$1000 cash prize plus co-working office space, professional support and media recognition.
For information and to apply go to https://williamfactory.com
SBA's Money Smart for Small Businesses
Money Smart for Small Business (MSSB) provides an introduction to topics related to starting and managing a business. MSSB was developed jointly by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) and the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). The materials are available for immediate download at Money Smart – Teach – For Small Business.
Organizational Event Calendars
For your convenience, we have compiled a list of agencies offering small business training and development opportunities. Please explore the sites below to see upcoming events:
- William Factory Small Business Incubator Calendar
- Washington State L&I Workshops and Training Center
- Minority Business Development Agency Event Calendar
- Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber Of Commerce Event Calendar
- The World Trade Center Tacoma Event Page
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Event Page
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Loan Briefing Workshops
- Events at Bottom of Page
- The Washington State Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) Event Calendar
- Washington Center For Women In Business Event Calendar
- Invista Performance Solutions Courses
- Veterans Business Outreach Center Region X (Business Impact NW) Courses
- Economic Alliance Snohomish County
Please explore below to see what resources are offered by the following organizations:
- Washington State Business Hub
- Pierce County Libraries (Job And Business Center) Resources
- Access with Pierce County Library Card
- Tacoma Library Business Resources
- Access with Tacoma Library Card
- City Of Tacoma Office Of Small Business Enterprise (SBE)
- Contact: Carrie Lynn Phone: 253.591.5224 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- City Of Tacoma Business Marketing Data Services
- Contact: Carol Wolfe Phone: 253.591.5384 Email: email@example.com
Learn more about the Tacoma's business resources: